One graduating senior will be selected from each of the public high schools in Lake County to receive a scholarship covering up to $1000 for career technical training at Lake Technical College. The scholarship is to be used during the 2020/2021 school year. The application must be submitted to the LTC Admissions Office by 4:00pm on April 1, 2020.
- The Lake Technical College online application (www.laketech.org – “Apply Now”) must be completed in full for award consideration.
- The “Career in a Year Scholarship” application must be completed in full, to include the essay, for award consideration.
- The student must be graduating from high school during the 2019/2020 school year.
- The student will enroll in a program at LTC during the 2020/2021 school year.
- The student must write a short essay explaining why he/she selected the particular program of study and career field.
- The student must have a recommendation from one of her/his high school instructors/counselors/administrators.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school cumulative 2.0 grade point average.
- The scholarship recipient is awarded up to $1000 toward total tuition costs. The total scholarship award is applied in two installments: 50% in the first semester and 50% in the second semester. Awarding of the second semester funds is based on the student maintaining satisfactory academic progress for the first semester as defined by the school’s SAP policy.